Sharon Manner is the creator and founder of Samadhi Sun yoga school and its charitable foundation affiliate, Ashrams for Autism.
Her involvement, dedication and attentiveness reflects upon the quality teachings that Samadhi Sun trainings have to offer. As a result, Sharon and her team have successfully guided trainees towards becoming compassionate and knowledgeable yoga teachers. Her sanskrit name, Sharanya, means "The Giver of Refuge" and perfectly depicts Sharon's compassion and selfless giving to those in need through her charitable foundation.
Sharon embraces the ultimate goal of yoga (i.e. to quite the mind and find the peace within) and strives to incorporate this philosophy into her daily life and teacher trainings. The yogic knowledge she has acquired can be accredited to Sri Swami Satchidananda, John Margabandhu Martarano, Swami Ramananda, Swami Ashokananda and many other yogic leaders. Sharon is grateful for the guidance provided and proud to have their teachings as the foundation in which Samadhi Sun's principles are built upon.
Sharon has found that her physical and mental state is at best when practicing yoga. Her hope is for others to experience these benefits in order to facilitate a life of peace and contentment.
Sharon is registered with Yoga Alliance as an E-RYT 500. With over 35 years of yoga and meditation practice, she has acquired the following credentials:
- Certificates of Completion from The Integral Yoga Institute- Asanas and Pranayama: Beginning Level, Asanas and Pranayama: Intermediate Level, and Raja Yoga Sutras of Sri Patanjali. These trainings were accredited towards The 500 Hours of Teacher Training Program in Integral Yoga Philosophy, Theory and Practice Certificate.
- Certificates of Completion from The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre- Yoga of the Heart Cardiac and Cancer Therapy Certification Course, Meditation Immersion Course and the Healing Through Mystical Qigong
- Certificate of Completion from Yoga for the Special Child- The Basic Certification Program
- Certificate of Completion from The NLP Center of New York- Trainer of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Trainings completed at The Yoga Therapy Center with Mukunda Stiles- The Structural Yoga Therapy & The Ayurveda Yoga Therapy